VideoCache is a squid URL rewriter plugin written in Python which traps the requests to squid for various audio/video websites and cache the audio/videos in the local storage on proxy server for serving the subsequent requests for the same audio/video.
It caches the audio/video independently of squid caching system. The cached files are stored in a browsable fashion.
VideoCache can currently cache videos from the following websites
* Youtube Videos - youtube.com and all country specific sub-domains like in.youtube.com. This includes the youtube videos served from Google (googlevideo.com) servers.
* Metacafe Videos - metacafe.com
* DailyMotion Videos - dailymotion.com
* Google Videos - video.google.com
* Vimeo HD Videos - vimeo.com
* Wrzuta Audio - wrzuta.pl (not videos)
* RedTube Videos
* XTube Videos
* YouPron Videos
* MSN Soapbox Videos (soapbox.msn.com)
* Tube8 Videos
* TV UOL (Brazil) - tvuol.uol.com.br
* Blip TV Videos (Including High Quality) - blip.tv
* Break Videos (Including High Quality) - break.com
Supported Operating Systems
VideoCache works on all Linux/Unix operating systems like Fedora, Cent OS, Red Hat, RHEL, OpenSuse, Mandriva, Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, FreeBSD provided the required packages are installed and working. VideoCache also works on Mac OS X.